NZ industries work side by side to encourage and sustain the economic activity and the benefits it brings to the people of NZ. Over 60% of NZ GDP is generated by services. This includes : The computer software development industry, film, television and commercial production industry, services like banking, finance, advertising, property, tourism & hospitality, and food processing. The manufacturing sector has shown strong export performance growth, which has encouraged investment and employment growth.
International students enrolled in a tertiary programme of study are eligible to work upto 20 hours per week during the academic year. Students can work full time (40 hrs) in New Zealand only during the summer holidays. The average wage for part time jobs is between NZ$10 - NZ$12 per hour. International students who have graduated from a course in New Zealand that would gain points under the Skilled Migrant Category may apply for a one year open work visa. Eligible student’s partner may apply for a work permit, valid for the duration of the study course.
New Zealand Education is a strong pathway leading to migration opportunity:
- All students successfully completing a 3 yrs duration Diploma, Degree, PG course or course under the skilled shortage list gain Points towards Skilled Migrant category, for Permanent Residency.
- Any student gaining points for Skilled Migrant category as mentioned above can apply for a Job Search Visa of 1 year where they can work full time.
- On gaining Job offer within the period of Job Search student can either apply for 2 years Work Permit or Permanent Residency depending on their eligibility for SMC.
- Requirement of 2 years work experience is waived off if the student has NZ qualification.
- Spouse of the students going for Post graduate courses or for courses listed in immediate or long term skill shortage could accompany on a work permit.
- New Zealand Permanent Residency holder enjoys many benefits like subsidized tuition fees for higher education, low interest rates & easy loan facilities, Traveling to any Euro national country becomes very easy & many other benefits (refer www.immi.govt.nz).