All applications for student passes by international students are arranged through Malaysian educational institutions. The next-stage processing, approval and issuance of student passes and visas is carried out by the Immigration Department in Malaysia.
Applications will be submitted by the educational institutions to the Director of Pass & Permit Division, Malaysia.
The prospective students will be informed of their application status by the Immigration Department in Malaysia through their educational institutions. This information is imparted within 7 days of the application, irrespective of whether the application has been successful or not.
The educational institutions which enroll the students are responsible to make the necessary arrangement pertaining to immigration matters.
Documents Required For Students Pass in Malaysia
1. An offer letter or letter of acceptance from the educational institution to the student.
2. Student Pass Application Form (IMM14) in duplicate.
3. Two photocopies of the students Passport / Travel Document.
4. Two passport-sized photographs of the student.
5. The educational institution is required to sign a ‘Personal Bond’ on behalf of the students. No fee is charged for the Personal Bond.
The Malaysian Immigration Department charges all students a fee of RM60 per year for student passes. Additionally, students who come from countries where entry visas into Malaysia are required will need to pay for an entry visa in Malaysia. The fees for entry visas vary.
(Updated till 29th June 2013)