UK application process varies greatly between different levels of education and types of institution, so make sure you find out all the details for your chosen course.
First, ensure you meet the entry requirements – don’t waste time applying for a course that you’re not eligible for! These requirements will relate to your qualifications, your English language skills, and whether you will be able to secure a visa.
Give yourself enough time. Many English language courses and shorter further education courses have start dates throughout the year, but most other courses start in September or October, and the deadline for applications can be up to a year in advance.
The application process can be nerve-wracking, but if you complete everything you’re asked for – and ask for help if you need it! – then this is just the beginning of your UK Education.
The main intake offered by all Universities is September / October Few universities offer select programs for the Jan / Feb intake.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS minimum score of 6.5 for Postgraduate courses and 6.0 for Undergraduate Studies.
- TOEFL minimum score of 90 (Internet Based Test) for Postgraduate and 80 (Internet Based Test) for Undergraduate Studies.
- Successful completion of a degree through the medium of English or 70% in English in std. XII may help you to get Exemption.
*Please note TOFEL and PTE are accepted by selected institutes.
Entry Requirements / Eligibility
- 65% and above for humanities in XIIth.
- 70 - 80% and above for Science, Commerce, Engg in Std. XII / Diploma.
- 2nd class could also be considered by some Universities if there is some additional qualification / experience. (Foundations and Diploma programs are available for students who have secured below 60%)
- Student must complete 18 years of age before commencement of program
- 60 % and above in 1st Bachelors Degree is required by most of the Universities for Masters and Research courses.
- Some universities may even accept student at 55% and above in the 1st Degree along with a GMAT scores ranging between 600-700 for Management Programs
Full time work experience of 2-4 years after Bachelors degree may required by many Universities for Management Programs (MBA). The duration of work & GMAT vary from University to University.
- All AMBA accredited universities require a minimum of 3 years or above work experience and an age criteria of 25 years plus as a minimum age requirement.
- Attested copies of mark sheets of Std X, XII, and all the Bachelors degree semester wise marksheet and degree certificate. Edwise counsellors can attest these for you, on sighting the originals.
- At least, 2 Academic reference letters from professors who have taught you most recently. Once reference in case of UG application on the UCAS application form itself.
- If you have work experience then at least one work recommendation from the employer who knows you well and can comment on your professional abilities.
- Statement of Purpose
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume.
- Photocopied score reports of IELTS / TOEFL / PTE / GMAT if available / required.
- Portfolio (in case of Students applying for art and design courses & Architecture programs).
- Others (Certificates / Achievements at the State and National Level and Miscellaneous extra curricular activities).
Applying for Undergraduate Courses
Applications are made only through UCAS (only 1 application can be made in an academic year).
It is an online application method.
One can apply to 5 different UK Universities on the same UCAS application form.
UCAS application fee and deadlines: The fee for applications is £12 for a single choice or £23 for multiple courses for most courses, the deadline to submit your application to UCAS is 15 January.
- Art and Design - 24th March
- Oxford / Cambridge -15th October
- Other Programs - 1st Deadline - 15th Jan : 2nd & Final Deadline - 30th June
Sandwich and Foundation Programs: Sandwich programs are made up of combinations of periods of study and time spent in industry. So the course duration extends to 4 years instead of the usual 3 years.
Foundation programes are of 1 year duration and are generally tailored for students as an alternative route to bridge between one own qualification and that which is required for entry for a degree program in a university / college.
Please note that it is advisable to meet the 1st deadline which is 15th Jan.
Students are strongly advised to apply sooner as the application process may take time due to Universities getting an overwhelming number of applications.
Applying for Post Graduate Programs
Application forms available at Edwise offices free of cost.
One can apply to numerous Universities with free guidance and assistance from expert counselor at Edwise Very few Universities charge an application process fee.
- Certain universities have deadlines
- Most Universities do not have deadlines but it is advised to apply at least 6/8 months in advance (especially if applying to a Popular University).
What Edwise Students say...
“Hi, I am Pooja Das going for my Masters in Fashion Retail Management at University of Arts London (LCF) this year. This is the biggest opportunity for me and would not have been possible without EDWISE. When they say “Edwise is one stop solution for all international study needs” they are 101% correct. I decided to go for my masters while I was working with an organisation. It was quite challenging for me to manage my MA applications and my official work. So I heard about EDWISE from one of my faculties from NIFT and went to their office for assistance. I was determined to apply for UAL, but the advisers guided me to choose other top universities as well . My counselor was from Delhi South Ex branch. She has been a great adviser and mentor to me; she helped me to apply for all the universities, informed me about the events related to my chosen universities, updated me with the interview dates and their results. She also helped me to apply for my visa and was always there to answer my queries very promptly. The counselors are very professional, friendly and helpful. The best part is that the relation with EDWISE doesn't end here; you are always welcome to seek advise even after you get selected at your desired university. My experience with EDWISE has been wonderful.”
Name : Pooja Das
Country : UK
University : University of Arts London
“Edwise has been really helpful right from helping me selecting the college to getting through the university of my best interest and guiding me for my pre-departure preparations. I recommend it to all students planning to study abroad.”
Name : Shruti Shukla
Country : UK
University : University of Sheffield
“The city is heavenly beautiful and the university is amazing. It is like living in dreams but you are actually living the dream life. Being very thankful to Edwise for making my dreams come true.”
Name : Amit Kedia
Country : UK
University : University of Bedfordshire
Overseas Education Consultant
We at Edwise streamline and personalize the process for each student irrespective of the destination, institution, course or any level of study. Our team of experienced professionals will provide you individual attention and exceptional guidance throughout your process of application. We provide assistance related to course selections, admission, visa, bank-loan and scholarships. We also host University delegates for direct student interaction and all these services are provided free of cost. We have established since 1991 and have been maintaining strong networks with over 575 universities in 16 countries, hence giving us a unique insight into the finest educational establishments worldwide.
Start your education overseas with valuable information on everything you need to know about studying abroad from study permits, temporary resident visas and how much it costs, to finding a program.
Do visit your nearest Edwise Branch & choose your university carefully under our expert guidance and ensure that you have all your paperwork in order. Once you apply, and the wait is over, you can really begin to look forward to not only studying in a beautiful and vibrant country, but also to a life experience quite like no other.
For complete information on Studying in UK, Contact Edwise on 1-800-200-3678 (Toll Free) / 08600911333.