While overseas study is expensive, Australia is more affordable than most other destinations and offers a high standard of quality education, excellent living condition and a tolerant multicultural society. Australia's Higher Education Institutions rank among the world's best and the quality of education they offer is correspondingly high.
Higher education in Australia provides value for money by offering and more intensive courses, they quickly incorporate latest innovations in science & technology, modern trends in marketing & management in their diploma/degree programs, hence Australian education is more practical and responsive to the needs of Trade & Industry.
- Can be gained either by Research or coursework
- 2 yr. Masters degree by coursework or Research will make you eligible for a 2 yr. post study work visa as per Australian immigration policy
- Each course that the student takes up is associated with CRICOS code which has a worldwide recognition in all major countries.
- Allows the student to work part time for duration of 40hrs/fortnight while studying and 40 hrs. / week while on vacation.
- Spouse can accompany the applicant and also work fulltime i.e. 40 hrs. / Week during the study period as well as post study work visa period.
Intakes for Masters in Australia:
- The most active academic intakes to study in Australia are February and July.
- Although some universities offer a September or October intake but those are program specific.
Popular Courses in Masters:
- MBA and Management specializations
- Information Technology
- Public Health and Health Administration
THE TOP 10 UNIVERSITIES OFFERING MASTERS IN AUSTRALIA
1. University of Melbourne
- Ranked number 1 in Australia for past 3 yrs. in a row and # 34 in the
- Ranked number 10 in graduate employability
- Melbourne university is Australia's top CEO factory
- MBA School is ranked # 1 in Australia and # 27 in world
- The University of Melbourne is proud to lay claim to one of the oldest and largest academic libraries in Australia. It has around 3.6 million holdings in its collection and more than 20 languages are represented
- Faculty teachers are renowned researchers and industry leaders recognized globally for their outstanding achievements.
2. University of Sydney
- One of Australia's largest and most prestigious universities
- Member of group of 8 Australia's major research intensive universities
- Ranked in top 1percent of universities in the world
- Ranked top 20 in world for Accounting, Civil Engg,Education,English and Literature,History,Language,Law,Media and Communication, Medicine, Pharmacy and Psychology
3. University of New South Wales
- Top 100 university world ranking
- Founding member of Group of Eight universities
- UNSW received $13.2 million in Linkage Project grants from Australian Research Council
- QS Subject ranking with Accounts and Finance in top 10
- World Class Research Excellence
- Educated CEO from Australia top 50 companies
- Part of Australia Group 8(Go8) Universities
- Ranked among top 100 universities in world
- 5 start rating for international student enrolments
- Highly Awarded Teachers
- Outstanding Alumni Network
5. Australian National University
- Part of Australia Group 8(Go8) Universities
- Ranked 1st in Australia and 20th in the world for producing the 'most employable graduates'
- Best student retention rate at 92%
- 78.3% of ANU Academic staff hold a PhD
- ANU has produced two Australian Prime Ministers
- They have Advance PG courses which is blend of Coursework and Research. Student can do research of 6 months in last. It is provided to the student on the basis of their performance in previous semester
6. University of Western Australia
- As Western Australia's premier university, UWA was equal first overall in Australia based on key measures in the Good Universities Guide 2014 including student demand, graduate outcomes, graduate starting salaries, getting a full-time job and research grants
- The University aims to be counted among the top 50 universities in the world by 2050, and is currently ranked 91st on the Shanghai Jiao-Tong University Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU)
- The consistently high entry (Australian Tertiary Admission Rank) scores for UWA mean that our undergraduate cohort is the most academically talented of any West Australian university and generally is recognized as being of the highest quality in Australia
- UWA's leaders and researchers work in partnership with three domestic and international networks, the Group of Eight, Matariki and the Worldwide Universities Network
7. University of Adelaide
- Established in 1874, the University of Adelaide is Australia's third oldest university
- With an international reputation for conducting world-leading research across a wide spectrum of areas, the university is consistently ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide and are a member of the Group of Eight Link to external website; a coalition of Australia's foremost research intensive universities
- The University constitutes a vibrant and diverse community with over 25,000 students and over 3,500 members of staff across our three main campuses
- To date, the University has produced over 100 Rhodes Scholars including Australia's first Indigenous recipient, and has five Nobel Laureates among its alumni community
8. Monash University
- Monash is ranked:
- in the top one per cent of world universities - 83rd in the world - according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (2014-2015)
- the 70th university in the world according to the 2014/2015 QS World University Rankings
- In the top 150 world universities, with an estimated rank of 134th according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2013
- QS World University Rankings by Subject (2014) rates us:
- sixth in the world for Education
- eighth in the world for Pharmacy and Pharmacology
- 16th in the world for Law
- 17th in the world for Linguistics
- 19th in the world for Communication and Media Studies
- 20th in the world for Accounting and Finance
- 22nd in the world for Chemical Engineering
- 23rd in the world for Geography
- 24th in the world for Economics and Econometrics
- 27th in the world for English Language and Literature
- 30th in the world for Sociology
- 30th in the world for Civil Engineering
- In the top 50 for 18 subjects
- Monash is a member of the Group of Eight, an alliance of leading Australian universities recognized for their excellence in teaching and research
- Ranked number in Australia and 18 in the world among universities under 50 yrs. of age as per QS ranking 2013
- Multi-billion dollar investment in facilities and infrastructure, including the most high-tech university library in Australia
- Australia's most technologically advanced private hospital on a university campus including the country's only gamma knife for leading-edge treatment of brain cancer
- A campus in one of the largest business and technology precincts in the southern hemisphere, creating a hub of innovation and excellence
- A 126-hectare park-like campus protected by our award-winning sustainability practices
- Awarded five stars in the prestigious QS Stars rating system for high performance in areas such as teaching, research, graduate employability and facilities
- World's top 50 universities under 50 years of age
- Over 50,000 students from more than 125 countries including 16.000 international students
- Partnership with more than 90 institutions
- Industry relevant courses with international recognition
- Student focused flexible study options
- Largest provider of health science research in Western Australia
- Scholarships are very competitive especially when it comes to a university belonging to Group of 8.
- There are various factors and requirements needed to be eligible for a student to apply for scholarship to any university
- The student needs to have demonstrated an excellence in academic achievements in his last completed degree
- Scholarships can range anywhere from 2000AUD to up to 50% of the program tuition fee
Edwise is the one stop solution for all your international study needs. Its core activity lies in assisting students to make the right choice with regard to pursuing education in overseas educational institutions.
You can be assured that in Australia you will have a high quality and rewarding study experience.
To know more about Study in Australia, Australian Universities, courses, admissions, visas, scholarships, cracking exams, etc, visit www.edwiseinternational.com or contact us on (Toll Free)1-800-200-3678 / 08600911333.