Before starting the Speaking section, you will be asked to introduce yourself. This personal introduction is not scored. Your introduction will be sent along with your score report to the institutions that you select.
On the Speaking section, you will be speaking into a microphone. Taking notes is a required skill for the PTE and you may do so using the erasable booklet and marker that will be provided to you. You must be able to take notes quickly and effectively. This part tests your ability to produce spoken and written English in an academic environment
- Be fluent when you begin speaking
- Read the entire sentence during your preparation time
- Look out for words that you may have trouble pronouncing before the recording begins, this will ensure that you pronounce it correctly
- If you make a mistake, correct it and continue. Do not begin from the start
- Don't speak too fast, you have plenty of time to read aloud your sentences
- Focus on what you hear and understand, and repeat the sentence
- You will hear a range of accents on this task, speak naturally, do not try to copy the speaker's accent
- If you missed out on certain words, say what you think you may have heard
- Keep a watch on your screen
- There is no tone before the microphone opens in this task, so be attentive and begin speaking soon as the status box changes to recording
- During your preparation time, identify the significant features and major changes over time
- Once it begins recording, start by introducing what the image is about
- Do not try to describe everything that you see, you only have 40 seconds, mention relevant information
- If you are given two graphs, look for similarities and differences between the two graphs and compare the two
- Ensure that you include any conclusions that can be drawn from the image
- Don't try to write down everything you hear, use key words to note down main ideas
- After the audio stops, you have 10 seconds before the microphone opens. Use this time to plan how to begin and the order you will be presenting it in
- There is only one correct answer, so ensure you answer in one word or two
- If your first answer was incorrect, give the correct answer while the status bar is still recording
- Do not pause in the middle of giving your response, your microphone will turn off if you pause for longer than 3 seconds
Salient features of PTE training
- 30 hours of intensive and comprehensive training
- PTE Practice Test Plus from Pearson VUE issued as courseware
- Faculty trained by Pearson
- Maximum 10-15 students per batch, thus making sessions personalized
- Teaching pedagogy involves a strong focus on enhancing the performance in all facets of the test Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening
- Guiding students with approach towards different question types, and providing sufficient practice in all areas of the test
- 3 full-length mock tests
- Well stocked library
- Facility of home issuance of book
- Availability of weekdays (Tuesday- Friday, 2 hours per day) and Weekend Batches (Saturday- Sunday, 4 hours per day) under regular mode
- Availability of Fast Track Mode (Tuesday- Sunday, 4 hours per day) for people who want to complete the course at the earliest
- Facility of shifting to any branch throughout India
The Edwise mock test for the PTE was amazing and really helped me understand the format of the test and the coaching helped me to thoroughly prepare for the test.
Saher - PTE Coaching
I am writing this testimonial to Edwise International and especially to my tutor for PTE. I was tensed before giving my PTE exam because I got my passport late and I had to clear the exam in a single attempt. I explained the situation to her. She helped me a lot. Those two sessions were really very very crucial for me as I scored 77/90 in PTE with 90/90 in speaking. This score has also helped me in getting a part time job in Australia as well. My tutor was very calm, understanding, I am really thankful to Edwise and for the overall experience with a Coaching Dept.
Siddhesh Lad - PTE Coaching
I achieved this score with the help of hard work and dedication aided by the constant support of the expert Edwise faculties. I was guided in the right direction and informed of many tips and tricks regarding individual section which helped me immensely during my test. I thank Edwise Consultants and team for being a great help along the way.
Padmnathan Iyer- PTE Coaching
Overseas Education Consultant
We at Edwise streamline and personalize the process for each student irrespective of the destination, institution, course or any level of study. Our team of experienced professionals will provide you individual attention and exceptional guidance throughout your process of application. We provide assistance related to course selections, admission, visa, bank-loan and scholarships. We also host University delegates for direct student interaction and all these services are provided free of cost. We have established since 1991 and have been maintaining strong networks with over 575 universities in 16 countries, hence giving us a unique insight into the finest educational establishments worldwide.
Start your education overseas with valuable information on everything you need to know about studying abroad from study permits, temporary resident visas and how much it costs, to finding a program.
Do visit your nearest Edwise branch & choose your university carefully under our expert guidance and ensure that you have all your paperwork in order. Once you apply, and the wait is over, you can really begin to look forward to not only studying in a beautiful and vibrant country, but also to a life experience quite like no other.
For complete information on Studying Overseas, Contact Edwise on 1-800-200-3678 (Toll Free) / 08600911333.