The SAT Exams is widely used for College and University admissions, and is highly relevant for your future success. SAT measures literacy and writing skills that are needed for academic success. The SAT includes two sections: English and Math. Additionally there is also an optional essay. These SAT scores are used by more than 4,000 undergraduate programs, and is held six times a year in India, in the months of October, November, December, January, May, and June. The test is administered under 3 hours and 50 minutes. Some guidelines on how you can score higher on the SAT are:
Begin your SAT test prep with a diagnostic test, you will know exactly what to expect on test day.. A diagnostic test will help you know the sections you're good at and what areas you need work on. After the test, make note of the questions you answered incorrect. Start a study plan, you should know what, when, and how you're going to study. Sticking to your plan will help you score high in the SAT. The most important step in scoring high on the SAT is preparing yourself to sit for the duration of the test. One way you can prepare for test is by practicing tests of similar duration in a similar setting.
- Reading the passage strategically will help you find the correct answer
- Focus on the topic and purpose of the passage
- Keep track of the different people and their opinions in the passage
- Understand the question before eliminating answer choices
- Predict an answer BEFORE you look at the answer choices
- For long passages, read the passage first, and then answer the questions. For short passages, read the question first, and then the passage
- Manage your time, if you find yourself spending too much time on a particular question, move on to the next one. You can always come back to question if you have the time later
- The new SAT does not penalise for wrong answers. If you are unsure of an answer, make an educated guess, ruling out an option or two will improve your chances of selecting the right answer
Writing and Language
- Do not begin by reading the entire passage—instead, read the first question and know what you need to answer
- Take the tone of the passage into consideration, improve on making the passage more concise
- For graph related questions, check if the statement matches the data given
- Revise your grammar rules, this will prevent you from selecting the wrong answer choice
- When more than one choice seems to work well grammatically, work towards shorter choices to eliminate wordiness
- Know your punctuation, questions on the Writing & Language section will test you on this
- Mark up geometry diagrams. Keeping track of your work directly on the page will help you avoid careless mistakes
- Look at the information provided in the question and the answer choices
- When you eliminate an answer cross it out! Don't let it confuse you
- Check to make sure that you answered the specific question that was asked.
- Translate the words in the question into math so that you can solve more easily.
- Know the difference between values, ratios, and percents
- Find common shapes on the SAT to help you break complex figures into simple polygons. Look in particular for triangles!
- Be on the lookout for common trap answers on the SAT. This includes oddball answers and answers that are too small or too big.
- You may be more familiar with some concepts than others. Take some time out to work on your weaknesses
- Practice your concepts regularly
- Include an introduction and a conclusion
- Use effective language and word choice
- Only use information from the passage
- Make use of the author's examples and direct quotes in your essay
- Ensure that you clearly explain how the author builds the argument
- Stay clear of giving your opinion, avoid “I ”and “You”
- Ensure that your handwriting is neat
What Edwise Students Say...
“When I entered the classroom for coaching I had no clue about SAT. My faculty gave me personalized attention and guided me till the exam which helped me not only pass my test but pass it with great scores. I am really thankful to Edwise.”
Mazhar Bagasrawala - SAT Coaching
“My experience with Edwise coaching was very good! I started coaching with 5 other students and with no appropriate knowledge or idea about SAT, its procedures and protocols. My faculty was a boon to us by giving us not only the thorough insight of the SAT, but made it a fun process for us.”
Sachin Shah - SAT Coaching
Overseas Education Consultant
We at Edwise streamline and personalize the process for each student irrespective of the destination, institution, course or any level of study. Our team of experienced professionals will provide you individual attention and exceptional guidance throughout your process of application. We provide assistance related to course selections, admission, visa, bank-loan and scholarships. We also host University delegates for direct student interaction and all these services are provided free of cost. We have established since 1991 and have been maintaining strong networks with over 575 universities in 16 countries, hence giving us a unique insight into the finest educational establishments worldwide.
Start your education overseas with valuable information on everything you need to know about studying abroad from study permits, temporary resident visas and how much it costs, to finding a program.
Do visit your nearest Edwise branch & choose your university carefully under our expert guidance and ensure that you have all your paperwork in order. Once you apply, and the wait is over, you can really begin to look forward to not only studying in a beautiful and vibrant country, but also to a life experience quite like no other.
For complete information on SAT Coaching, Contact Edwise on 1-800-200-3678 (Toll Free) / 08600911333.